Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love Unspoken

2/7/07 ~ Joyous winter!!! I think that's the first time I've said that this whole year. At this moment in time, I feel incredibly in love with everything in the world. I don't know what it is... it could be that Nisha's birthday's coming up and that I am going to visit her... out of Ames at last!!! It also could be that Valentine's day is approaching, and love is in the air. Whatever it may be, I am this moment the happiest person I know.

To supplement my "love" mood, I've been listening to love duets from the operas. The love duet from Wagner's "Tristan and Isolde" has hitherto been my favorite, but I recently have been listening to Adrian Ross' "Love Unspoken" from Lehar's love duet in "The Merry Widow", and I am almost crying tears of joy at the sheer prescence and magnitude of love in it.

"Love unspoken, Faith unbroken
All night through
Strings are playing, hear them saying
Love me, true!!!
Now the echo answers, "Say you want me too."
All the world's in love with love
And I love you!"

~ Adrian Ross' translation for Lehar's "The Merry Widow"

No comments: