Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My Weak Hero

Hmm… I haven’t posted in a while. In fact, I haven’t done anything worthwhile in a while. Nisha and I drove down to Kansas last weekend. I am back now, and alone for the first time in my new apartment. Everything is in boxes, and is an utter mess. The lazy part of me tries to ignore the clutter, but it is all in vain… so bit by bit, or rather box by box, I am trying to piece together my living space again. I anticipate this taking one week, but maybe that is very optimistic of me. :(

I was watching SVU last night, eagerly anticipating my first alone-time with Chrissy in more than a month. But as he came on screen, I realized that he seemed terribly weak and watery, and I seemed to mentally draw away from him. This was an utter shock to me, since I have loved every fiber of this man since I first laid eyes on him. As I watched on, I realized that it wasn’t Chrissy himself, but rather Elliot Stabler who seemed watery and weak to me. This was the first episode of SVU I had watched in more than three months. Up until a month ago, when I had weaned myself off my daily dose of him, I had been watching Chrissy on Oz. And watching my Chrissy as Chris Keller is comparable to watching Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter. On Oz, his character is so passionately strong, that I cannot bear to see him as anyone else. No wonder I thought that on SVU he appeared a little strange. I tried to concentrate on the actor, not the character, but that did not work either. I think I should watch Oz again.

No comments: