Thursday, June 28, 2007

Listmania Begins

And I thought that this month would mark more frequent posts!! Anyway, ever since my last post, I have created several other lists. I thought I might make it a "regular feature" of my blog. The first list I came up with is called "The Top Ten Songs I Would Hear While I Am Pregnant". That's just a long way of saying these are the songs, or genres, or singers that I love the best. Apparently one is supposed to hear/read/watch/do things that make one happy while one is pregnant. Hence the name. Anyway, here is the list:

1. Pavarotti singing "Ave Maria"
2. Pavarotti singing anything else
3. Ivor Novello singing "Keep the Home Fires Burning"
4. Carreras singing anything
5. Ronald Pearsall singing "Goodnight Vienna"
6. Andrew-Lloyd Weber's title song from POTO
7. Jeremy Brett singing "Love Unspoken"
8. Anyone singing "Cruising Down the River"
9. Assorted songs from the 1920s-1940s
10. Hugh Laurie singing anything (just for laughs)

I have separate lists with Indian songs, and music. Mohd Rafi and Bach tops the list on those. Well, that is that! In passing, let me detail one particularly beautiful movie/series that I watched recently: "The Singing Detective". It is arcane, obscure, related through a strange combination of reality, dreams and hallucinations, and is a beautiful psychological masterpiece. I have always liked Michael Gambon, but I adore him now. I have always adored Patrick Malahide, and that adoration grows.

What else? I want to go on a wild adventure. But have not done so yet. Maybe will do so sometime next week. :) I'll start with my "Spooky Bridge", and then go from there.

No comments: