Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mandana Jones

I have started to watch a new series: Bad Girls. It is exactly like watching Oz: except the prison is located in the UK, the characters have British accents, it is a women’s prison, and everyone is catty, not violent. Oz, was of course a much better produced show, most characters were better developed and the whole thing had a much more finished feel. But just like there was incredible chemistry on Oz between Toby and my Chrissy, this show has a sideline love story between one of the prisoners Nikki, and the wing governor Helen, played brilliantly by Mandana Jones and Simone Lahbib. A beautiful, sweet, terribly heart wrenching love story. Unfortunately, only the first series of this show is available in the US. It’s a terrible pity because there are six more seasons which I have no idea when I will get to watch.

But today’s post is about Mandana Jones who plays Nikki - the beautiful, strong prisoner with a heart of gold, and unshakable loyalty to those she loves. Mandana Jones’ character Nikki is possibly the most beautiful woman I have ever seen on the screen. While my Chrissy’s love on Oz was laced with cruelty, hers is love that is nothing but beautiful. Here’s a picture of Nikki looking at Helen lovingly.


I’ve joined her fan following. She’s also going to be my first female blog sweetheart. :-) She is beautiful!! See her here in a video from YouTube.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Way, way late to your Mandana party, but I wholeheartedly share your Mandana love. In fact, a friend and I admire her so much that we made a website for her. I feel a bit dodgy for plugging a site on your blog, but I'm hoping the mutual interest will excuse my potential "sales pitch". :)

MandanaFC.com

I hope you'll surf by and check it out!

lisa said...

I agree Mandana is the most beatiful woman on the screen. I just wish we could see more of her here in America!